Santo Stefano di Sessiano
Oh where to holiday in Italy?Although each of the regions share the common theme of beautiful landscapes and food to die for, their diversity can often complicate the decision-making process when thinking about having a short break in Italy.
The Pleasures of a Holiday in Abruzzo…
Take delight in the friendliness of the people, the excellent quality of the food & wine (not to mention the price!), the incredible landscape and the sense of history inherent throughout the region that made you feel you were on ‘In the Name of the Rose’ set, with its abundance of castles and hilltop medieval towns & villages.
The Enjoyable Facts of Holidaying in Abruzzo
- It is Italy’s most protected region – 28% of the land is protected parkland.
- It is the least inhabited area of Italy.
- 2/3 of its geography is dominated by the stunning Apennine Mountains in particular the Gran Sasso Masstif part of The Gran Sasso National Park.
- Marsican Bears and Wolves live in its mountains.
- It hosts Europe’s southern most glacier – Il Caderone.
- 13 of its sandy beaches hold Blueflag status.
- Montepulciano d’Abruzzo wine.
- Chitarra pasta – such a novel change from spaghetti!
Click here for a slideshow of holidays in Abruzzo